Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Swim Strong!

swim workout


I created the following workout and my teammates really liked it.  Due to circumstances beyond my control, I was not able to do the entire workout and had to cut out 500 yards.  But here is the workout in its' original form.  

FOCUS IS ON STRONG ARMS FOR A STRONG PULL:

Warm Up:  200 swim, 200 kick, 300 pull, 100 fist drill, 100 drill of your choice

Main set:  Repeat 2X:  100 fist drill, 200 pull, 300 swim (focusing on strong pull and follow through)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6 X 50 strong/sprint (focus on a strong pull & follow through VS a fast rotation of arms)
200 Kick
300 swim moderately focusing on good form

Cool Down:
100 Easy

Total:  3000 Yards

A workout should have a purpose and this purpose was to strengthen the pull in the freestyle stroke.  Something I always need to work on! Along with other dynamics, a strong pull goes far in swim efficiency.  Enjoy!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment